Every year, homecoming mums get more and more elaborate. It seems like the sky’s the limit when it comes to creativity, and we love to see what new trends pop up each year. If you’re not familiar with homecoming mums, they are a Southern tradition dating back to the early 1900s. They are elaborately decorated garters that are worn by high school girls during homecoming week. They usually consist of ribbon, flowers, streamers, and other decorations. Mums have come a long way since their humble beginnings, and we are here to give you a rundown of the top 10 trends in homecoming mum trends this year. From over-the-top mums to simple and elegant ones, there is sure to be a trend that you will love. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Traditional homecoming mums
Fall is in the air and that means it’s homecoming season! If you’re looking for ideas for your homecoming mum, check out our top trends for this year.
1. Traditional mums – You can’t go wrong with a classic! Traditional mums are always a popular choice, and there are endless ways to customize them.
2. Oversized mums – Go big or go home, right? Oversized mums are all the rage this year, and they’re sure to make a statement.
3. Colorful mums – Add some personality to your mum with some bold colors. From bright pink to purple, there are plenty of options to choose from.
4.Simple mums – If you’re not into all the frills, keep it simple with a minimalistic mum. Less is definitely more when it comes to these designs.
5. Unique mums – Stand out from the crowd with a one-of-a-kind mum design. Whether you add some special embellishments or create your own custom print, make sure your mum is truly unique!
Oversized homecoming mums
There’s no denying it, oversized homecoming mums are a trend that’s here to stay. This year, we’ve seen even more over-the-top designs, including giant mums that are several feet in diameter! If you’re looking to make a statement at your homecoming dance, an oversized mum is the way to go.
While they may be big, these mums are also often very intricate, with detailed ribbon work and colorful flowers. If you want your mum to really stand out, look for one with unique embellishments like sequins, beads, or feathers. No matter what your style, there’s an oversized homecoming mum that’s perfect for you.
Braided homecoming mums
This year, homecoming mums are all about braids! From french braids to fishtail braids, there are so many ways to incorporate this trend into your mum. Braided homecoming mums are a great way to add a little bit of personality to your mum, and they’re sure to stand out from the rest.
Homecoming mums with school colors
A homecoming mum is a key part of any homecoming celebration, and this year there are some great trends to choose from! One popular trend is to incorporate school colors into the mum design. This can be done by using ribbon in the school colors, or by adding beads or other embellishments in the colors. This is a great way to show school spirit and support your team on game day! Another popular trend is to add personalization to the mum. This can be done with the name of the student, their graduation year, or a special message. This is a great way to make the mum unique and special for each student.
Homecoming mums with streamers
Homecoming mums with streamers are one of the top trends in homecoming mums this year. Streamers add an extra bit of flair to your mum and can really make it stand out. If you’re looking for a way to add a little something extra to your homecoming mum, consider adding streamers.
Homecoming mums with feathers
It’s that time of year again! Homecoming season is upon us, and that means it’s time to start thinking about what kind of mum you want to wear. This year, there are a few key trends that are emerging as the most popular choices for homecoming mums.
One of the biggest trends this year is mums with feathers. Feathers add a touch of whimsy and fun to any mum, and they’re sure to make you stand out from the crowd. If you’re looking for a unique mum that will really make a statement, opt for one with feathers.
Another popular choice this year is rhinestone mums. These mums are sparkly and eye-catching, and they’re sure to get you noticed on game day. If you want to add a little extra bling to your homecoming outfit, go for a rhinestone mum.
Finally, one of the hottest trends in homecoming mums this year is colorful mums. Gone are the days of boring white mums! This year, it’s all about mums in bold, vibrant colors. From bright pinks to deep blues, there’s no wrong way to go when it comes to color this homecoming season.
So there you have it! These are the top three trends in homecoming mums this year. No matter which trend you choose to follow, you’re sure to have a mum that turns heads and gets you excited for game
Homecoming mums with tassels
Just like any other year, homecoming mums are one of the top trends in homecoming this year. Mums are a tradition in Texas high schools and are usually given to the girl by her date. They are worn as a corsage during the homecoming dance and often have tassels that hang down. Some girls even wear them in their hair!
Homecoming mums with lights
This year’s homecoming mums are all about extra-special touches. From lights to over-the-top bows, these mums are sure to make a statement. Here are some of the top trends in homecoming mums this year:
1. Homecoming mums with lights are a must-have. Whether you opt for LED lights or traditional mini lights, they’ll add an extra bit of fun and flair to your mum.
2. Oversized bows are another big trend this year. The bigger, the better!
3. feathers are also a popular addition to homecoming mums. They add a touch of elegance and can really make your mum stand out from the rest.
4. If you really want to make a statement, go for a glittery mum. Sequins, beads, and other sparkly accents will ensure that your mum shines bright on homecoming night.
Homecoming mums with rhinestones
Rhinestones are a big trend in homecoming mums this year. You can find them in all sorts of colors and sizes, and they add a bit of bling to your mum. If you’re looking for something a little different, try adding rhinestones to your homecoming mum.
How to make your own homecoming mum
If you’re looking to add a personal touch to your homecoming mum this year, why not try making your own? It’s easier than you might think, and with a little creativity you can create a stunning mum that’s truly one-of-a-kind. Here’s how:
1. Start with a base of flowers and greenery. You can use real or artificial flowers, depending on what’s available and what you prefer. Greenery adds volume and texture, so don’t be afraid to use a lot of it!
2. Add in some ribbon, streamers, and other decorations. Get creative with this step – there are no rules! You can add as much or as little as you like.
3. Attach everything to a sturdy backing. This will help keep your mum from falling apart during the big homecoming game or dance.
4. Finish off with a pretty bow or other accent piece. This is your chance to really make your mum stand out from the rest.
With these simple steps, you can easily create a beautiful homecoming mum that’s unique to you and sure to impress all your friends. So get creative and have fun!